The Northumbria Community is looking for an experienced Operations Manager to support a dispersed, worldwide, network Christian Community, committed to a new way for living.
About the role
Our Mother House and operational office is based near Felton in Northumberland. It is expected that you will be based at the office, but some remote working may be possible.
The Operations Lead will play a pivotal role in the strategic development and operations of the Northumbria Community. The selected candidate will work with the Trustees and leadership team to ensure the successful and sustainable development of the organisation in line with its core purpose, mission, and values.
This is a varied role where you will support all aspects of operations and finance.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Actively contributing to business planning (strategic and operational)
- Leading and managing the Operations team
- Management of the Community’s operations including finance, HR, facilities, office administration, communications processes, and IT systems
- Ensuring wise stewardship of the Community’s financial and physical resources.
- Overseeing day-to-day financial activities and monitoring expenditure in line with budget
- Managing the annual budget setting process and provide ongoing monitoring of finances
- Regular review and update of internal policies and procedures
- Management of outsourced services – IT, HR, Health & Safety
- Manage all Community facilities ensuring that these are safe and well-maintained
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in an operational role including day-to-day financial oversight
- Compliance management in key areas such as HR, IT systems and GDPR
- Experience of budget setting and management, funding applications and accounts production
- Facilities and estate management including H&S and risk assessment
- Knowledge of HR and related policies
- Highly organisation skills with an ability to plan, prioritise and manage deadlines
- An eye for detail and a commitment to high standards
- Effective people manager and strong interpersonal skills with a track record of effective team working and the ability to work independently
- Effective communication, written and oral
- Strong problem solver with a positive outlook and the ability to make decisions
- Strong IT literacy, especially in MS Office, databases and finance systems, with some familiarity with Google Workspace
As well as the opportunity to work for a vibrant Christian community, you can expect the following benefits:
Salary £29,997 per annum
22 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
Training and professional development
Access to an employee assistance program.
Additional sick pay and compassionate leave policies.
This is a full time role, for 37 hours per week.
How to apply
To access a full role description and person specification please follow this link
Please send your CV and supporting letter to email@example.com
Closing Date for applications: Monday 6 November
First interviews will be held the week commencing 20 November
If you would like an informal conversation about the role, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we can only consider applicants who presently have the right to work in the UK and all candidates must be personally committed to the Christian faith and be able to respect, uphold and work within our Christian mission, values, culture, and ethos.